PAM Solution (Privileged Account Manager)
PAM keeps your organization safe from accidental or deliberate misuse of privileged access. This is particularly relevant if your organization is growing. The bigger and more complex your organization’s IT systems get, the more privileged users you have. These include employees, contractors, remote or even automated users.
A PAM solution offers a secure, streamlined way to authorize and monitor all privileged users for all relevant systems. PAM helps you in:
- Grant privileges to users only for systems on which they are authorized.
- Grant access only when it’s needed and revoke access when the need expires.
- Avoid the need for privileged users to have or need local/direct system passwords.
- Centrally and quickly manage access over a disparate set of heterogeneous systems.
- Create an unalterable audit trail for any privileged operation
Micro Focus Privileged Account Manager (PAM) provides the capability to monitor, audit, and secure the actions of the users by using a centralized and automated management of privileged account. Privileged Account Manager helps in overcoming the following challenges:
- The super user credentials are exposed.
- The confidential data is exposed.
- There is unrestricted access rights provided to the user.
- The identity of the user who accessed a particular system remains unidentified.
So, when users wants to perform some activity on a particular server, they log in with their user credentials, Privileged Account Manager verifies the policy defined for accessing that particular session, then based on the policy enters the credentials of the super user or root allowing the user to log in with administrator or root credentials.
Make your Infrastructure and data more secure with PAM Solution.